If you’re interested in learning from others with proven knowledge and skills by getting yourself a mentor, then come along to ‘Meet a Mentor’ and find your match. And if you are a Chartered Marketer with a wealth of marketing experience already, and you’re interested in sharing your knowledge, then come along too, and find out about becoming a mentor.
Mentoring is part of our Chartered CPD Programme. Both mentors and mentees can accrue up to 21 hours of their annual 35-hour CPD requirement under Category 6.
The venue itself is worth a look. It’s the City of London Marketing Suite at 80 Basinghall Street, where London is showcased to the world. Here mentors and mentees can meet in a structured, friendly, environment.
How it works
- Book your place at this free event by calling our events team on 01628 427340. Tell us if you want to be a mentee or mentor when you book. We’ll then ask you for brief information on your background to help in the matching process.
- On the evening you’ll be welcomed with light refreshments and informal networking to kick off the evening.
- Then after a brief introduction, a ‘speed dating’ type session will be run. Those seeking mentors can meet several, including any pre-matched potential mentors based on mapping background information of mentees and mentors.
- Mentees then select the individual that best matches their requirements. After the event we will process your application and match you to your mentor.
- Those interested in being a mentor can talk to those who already are and join the scheme there and then if they wish.
Already a mentor?
We have a strong line-up of mentors coming forward for this event but we would like more to make this a really vibrant evening. So if you are a mentor and can set aside the time, then come along to lend your support. Even if you already have a full quota of mentees, potential mentors would enjoy meeting you and learning about the role to help them decide if this is for them. Just email Ann on firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll be delighted to help.
Who can be a Mentor?
As you’d expect Mentors must be suitably senior. Mentors must be CIM members and have been Chartered Marketers for at least two years, with at least eight years of working in a senior marketing position.
Who can be a Mentee?
Mentees must be CIM members or studying members and register for the Chartered CPD Programme. This can be done easily at any time. It is free and exclusive to members.
So come to Meet a Mentor on 9 May from 18:00 and benefit from having a mentor or from being one.
This is a CPD category 10 event, accredited for 1.5 hours CPD.